What is the easiest way to start real estate investing?
Get hot tips if real estate investing has been something you want to do. Then start your journey to financial independence by eliminating any credit card debt with the free 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
How you can invest in real estate using these three steps
So, you want to get into real estate investing, but you just can’t seem to make the leap. There’s a good chance you’re making it harder than it needs to be. Are there easy ways to get your foot in the door, so to speak? What can a first-time investor do to get into their first property—without making a costly mistake? Tom Brickman is the rockstar entrepreneur behind the Frugal Gay, a coaching platform that teaches people how to achieve financial independence through real estate investing.
On this episode of Queer Money®, Tom joins us to explain why aspiring real estate investors are hesitant to make their first purchase and how to overcome that fear and take your first steps. Tom shares his top tools for deciding if a rental property is right for you, describing how he uses Grindr to learn more about a neighborhood before he invests there.
Listen in for Tom’s insight on ‘turning trash into treasure’ and find out what three things you can do today to begin your own real estate investing journey!
Listen to get more insight on steps to start real estate investing
Topics covered on steps to start real estate investing
- Where Tom sees opportunities to buy real estate right now and what markets to avoid
- 3 metrics Tom uses to decide if a rental property is right for him
- How Tom leverages the Grindr app to learn more about a neighborhood
- How Tom thinks about investing for cashflow vs. appreciation
- Why now is a good time to invest in your first property (as long as you do your homework)
- Why aspiring real estate investors are hesitant to make their first purchase
- The myth that real estate is a passive investment
- What it means to shift your mindset to see real estate investment opportunities
- Why Tom suggests prioritizing renovations that need to be done over the nice-to-haves
- Tom’s top tools for avoiding bad real estate investments
- The concept of ‘turning trash into treasure’ that the queer community is known for
- Tom’s top 3 strategies for getting into real estate as a first-time investor
Connect with Tom
- The Frugal Gay
- @TheFrugalGay11 on Twitter
- @TheFrygalGay11 on Instagram
- @TheFrugalGay11 on TikTok
Resources on steps to start real estate investing
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Debt Free Guys on Youtube
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Email [email protected]
Watch this week’s episode on steps to start real estate investing
Previous 3 Podcast Episodes
- What You Should Know about Self-Directed IRAs
- How to Overcome FEAR in the Queer Community
- 5 Tips to Win at Infladating
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys (www.debtfreeguys.com) and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs and 3) save and invest for retirement.