How to plan to retire in 10 years
Congrats! Retirement’s in your future. But even though you’re on your way, you want to do it right. Here’s how to retire in 10 years (or less). Start your journey to financial independence by getting rid of any credit card debt with the free, 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
Creating a plan to retire in 10 years or less
So, you’ve done the work to prepare for retirement. Maybe you didn’t do everything perfectly right, but you’ve been diligent in putting money away. And now, retirement is on the horizon. You plan to give your boss the pink slip in the next 10 years or so.
So, what can you do between now and then to make sure there are no delays?
On this episode of Queer Money, we explain how to retire in 10 years or less, challenging you to get clear on what you want retirement to look like and map out the resources you need to make it happen.
We discuss the benefit of investing for growth, maximizing your contributions to retirement savings, and consolidating accounts from previous employers in the years leading up to retirement.
Listen in for insight on paying off unnecessary debt before you retire and learn what steps to take NOW to retire on time and live the retirement lifestyle you want!
Listen to our top tips on retiring in the next 10 years
- Daydreaming to get clear on what you want retirement to look like
- How to map out the resources you need for the retirement you want
- What to do now if you won’t have enough money in retirement
- The benefit of diversifying your portfolio and investing for growth
- How to maximize your contributions to HSA and retirement accounts
- Why it’s crucial to consolidate accounts from previous employers
- Why we recommend researching Medicare benefits before age 63
- Why it’s important to pay off unnecessary debt before you retire
- The ideal time to get long-term care insurance (and why you should)
- The social security survivor + spousal benefits that come with marriage
Watch this week’s episode
Previous 3 Podcast Episodes
- Investing in Yourself with a Money Coach
- What’s Missing in the LGBTQ Community?
- How to Spend Responsibly This Season
- Social Security Administration
- How to Know If You Should Buy an Annuity on Queer Money EP307
- How to Calculate Your Retirement Number on Queer Money EP326
- ‘Americans Can Expect to Pay a Lot More for Medical Care in Retirement’ on CNBC
- You’re Fifty—Now What? Investing for the Second Half of Your Life by Charles R. Schwab
- Capitalize Study on Forgotten 401(k) Accounts
- What Your Personal Spending Analysis Reveals to You on Queer Money EP190
- The Path to Early Retirement Isn’t as Complicated as You Think on Queer Money EP050
- ‘How Anyone Can Retire Early in 10 Years (Or Less!)’ by Todd Tresidder
- Debt Lasso Method
- Long-Term Care Insurance for LGBT People on Queer Money EP071
- One Million Reasons Why Gay Couples Should Get Married ASAP on Queer Money EP054
- 2022 Huge Same-Sex Social Security Change on Queer Money EP314
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Youtube
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Email [email protected]
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys (www.debtfreeguys.com) and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs and 3) save and invest for retirement.