How can I spend responsibly during the holidays?
Financial well-being calls for healthy spending habits, especially in tenuous economies. Here’s how to spend responsibly this holiday season. Start your journey to financial independence by getting rid of any credit card debt with the free, 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
Holiday budgeting: How to spend responsibly
Yes, the holidays are a wonderful time of bringing people together to celebrate and reflect. But they can also be a challenging time in our financial lives, tempting us to spend money unconsciously. So, what can you do to maintain your financial well-being in this season of spending?
On this episode of Queer Money, Jen Deloy, Head of Checking and Consumer Insights at Capital One, joins us to discuss what it means to spend responsibly and describe how spending habits impact financial well-being. Jen explains the staggering disconnect between how we prefer to spend and the choices we’re actually making, challenging us to reflect on our spending habits during the holidays this year.
Listen in for Jen’s insight on leveraging the holidays to teach your kids about money and learn about the tools Capital One offers to help you spend responsibly this holiday season!
Listen to our conversation with Jen Deloy on spending responsibly
- How Jen defines financial well-being and why it’s different for everyone
- Jen’s take on what it means to spend responsibly
- The Capital One products allow for an easy, frictionless spending experience
- How spending responsibly impacts our financial wellbeing
- The staggering disconnect between how we prefer to spend and the choices we’re actually making
- Why the holidays are a good time to initiate money conversations
- How to avoid the spending pitfalls associated with holiday shopping
- Leveraging the holidays to teach your kids about money and instill good financial habits
- How the tools we use to transact make it easy to spend money unconsciously
- The resources Capital One offers to help with spending and saving habits
Watch this week’s episode
Previous 3 Podcast Episodes
- How to Share Your Money Goals with Friends & Family
- How to Invest as a Service Industry Professional
- How to Stop a Financial Train Wreck
- Capital One 360 Checking
- Capital One Money Teen Checking
- NEFE Survey on LGBTQIA+ Experiences with Financial Education and Services
- Capital One Kids Savings Accounts
- Capital One Financial Wellbeing Study
- Capital One Money & Life Program
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Youtube
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Email [email protected]
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys (www.debtfreeguys.com) and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs and 3) save and invest for retirement.