Important Things to Know About Stocks
There is no part of the economy set up for success quite like the stock market. In fact, we consider it one of the three killer pillars to financial independence. But, achieving financial independence is impossible with overwhelming debt. For help specifically with paying off credit card debt, get the free 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
Investing in stocks can help grown wealth
Stock investing happens to be the strategy we used to grow our net worth to over $1M. But what does it mean to own stock in a company? What are the different types of stocks? And what are the potential risks and rewards of stock investing?
On this episode of Queer Money, we share the top three things you need to know about investing in the stock market, beginning with the different types of stock and the hierarchy of investors. We discuss the risks and rewards associated with stock investing, explaining what factors influence stock performance and why we recommend diversifying your portfolio.
Listen in for insight into the high-risk nature of individual stock investing and learn how YOU can start using stocks to build wealth, financial security and retirement savings.
Listen to the 3 important things to know about stocks:
- How technology makes it easy to invest in the stock market
- What it means to own stock in a company
- The difference between common stock and preferred stock
- How a stock loses value when a company performs poorly
- Why we don’t recommend putting all your money in one company
- The risks and rewards associated with investing in stocks
- How media hype, politics and the economy influence stock performance
- How we grew our net worth to $1M with stock investing
- The pros and cons of individual stock investing
- How to use a free stock research app to explore investing
Resources from this episode:
- 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher Tool
- ‘GameStop, Reddit and Robinhood: A Full Recap of the Historic Retail Trading Mania on Wall Street’ on CNBC
- ‘These Stocks Are Surging After House Passes $1T Infrastructure Bill’ in Forbes
- ‘AMC Insiders Have Unloaded $70M of Stock This Year’ in Bloomberg Wealth
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Queer Money on YouTube
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]
Previous 3 Podcast Episodes
- 6 Ways to Better Manage Money
- 5 Fitness Tips for Gay Men Over 40
- 7 Quick Tips to Eliminate Debt FAST!
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys (www.debtfreeguys.com) and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs and 3) save and invest for retirement.