Is there a better way to manage money?
As we recover from COVID, American consumers are struggling with money management. We’re taking on more debt of all kinds, amassing $45.7B in credit card debt in Q2 of 2021 alone! For help specifically with paying off credit card debt, get the free 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
Strategies to better manage money!
Couple the above debt data with the fact that a growing number of people are quitting their jobs as part of the Great Resignation, and we’re more than a little concerned for our country’s financial wellbeing. So, what can you do to weather the current economic storm without taking on more debt?
On this episode of Queer Money, we share our top six ways to better manage your money, explaining why you should get out of the Spending or Leveraging Class and join the Saving or Investing Class asap. We describe how to cultivate a belief that financial independence is possible and discuss how voting in local elections impacts our financial security in the LGBTQ community.
Listen in to understand why it’s crucial to get banked (if you aren’t already) and learn how to leverage a spending analysis to reduce your debt right away!
Listen to the 6 ways to better manage your money:
- Why household debt is on the rise right now
- The pros and cons of the Great Resignation
- Why we are advocating for a Great Debt Reduction
- Our top 6 ways to better manage your money
- The danger in being part of the Spending or Leveraging Class
- How you benefit from joining the Saving or Investing Class
- Cultivating a belief that you are financially independent
- The importance of using banking products
- How voting in local elections impacts our financial security
- Using a spending analysis to help you reduce debt
Resources from this episode:
- 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher Tool
- Credit Karma FOMO Survey
- Capital One Post-Pandemic Financial Wellbeing Study
- The 4 Financial Classes on Queer Money EP227
- Matthew Raymond on Queer Money EP275
- 3 Sources of Our Bizarre Money Stories Video
- Prudential 2018 Financial Wellness Census Content
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Queer Money on YouTube
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]
Previous 3 Podcast Episodes
- 5 Fitness Tips for Gay Men Over 40
- 7 Quick Tips to Eliminate Debt FAST!
- 13 Best Christmas Savings Hacks
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys (www.debtfreeguys.com) and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs and 3) save and invest for retirement.