Holiday Ho Ho Glum?
Does thinking about the holiday shopping season have you HO-HO-GLUM because of what it will do to your budget? With a little ingenuity, you can stretch your holiday dollars and get through Christmas without taking on credit card debt!
Focus on Christmas Savings
On this episode of Queer Money, we share our 13 best Christmas savings hacks, explaining how to decide who you REALLY want to buy gifts for and how much to spend.
We discuss when and where to shop to get the best deals, describing what tools we use to find discounts—at retail stores and online.
Listen in for insight on simplifying the way you celebrate and learn to make your holidays happier by focusing on the experience!
Hear all the 13 Christmas Savings Hacks:
- How to decide who to buy gifts for and how much to spend
- Why you don’t always have to give gifts that are brand new
- When to shop to get the best deals on Christmas gifts
- How to simplify the way you celebrate to focus on the experience
- The 3 best places to shop for affordable fashion online
- How to save money by shopping with discounted gift cards
- The best apps for scanning products to find the best price
- Our favorite subscription boxes to gift for the holidays
- What Chrome extensions we use to find the best prices online
- How to ‘get physical’ and make your holiday more active
- How to learn about discounts by joining a retailer’s email list
- Our ‘elf on a shelf’ strategy for getting Amazon discounts
- Your right to opt out of celebrating in a commercial way
Resources from this episode:
- Capital One Shopping
- 5 Building Blocks of a Happy Gay Life
- The Happy, Healthy, Wealthy Gay Men’s Toolbox
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Queer Money on YouTube
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]
Previous 3 Podcast Episodes
- 7 Different Types of FI/RE
- 5 Things Effective LGBT Leaders Always Do
- How to Lower Student Loan Payments
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys (www.debtfreeguys.com) and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs and 3) save and invest for retirement.