Becoming effective LGBT leaders
Want to be an effective LGBT business leader? There are 5 things LGBT leaders always do. Here’s what they are and how to do them. Rise to LGBT leadership easier with your free copy of the5 Building Blocks of a Happy Gay Life here.
The someday leaders
Do you have that family member who always has a new job and it’s the new job that they’re finally going to rock? Yet, they have a million reasons why none of their previous jobs worked out.
Do you know that person who’s been talking for years about starting a business? But, this, that and the other thing always gets in the way.
If motivation is the matchstick, effective action is the spark.
Stephen Covey, the author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, said, “Effective leadership is putting first things first.”
Yes, we need more queer leaders for effective change, but we’ll only have true leaders if more queer people put first things first and not first things last.
What can LGBT people do to generate the positive and effective queer change we need today?
Hear all 5 tips here for effective leadership:
- Why we need more LGBTQ leaders in C-suite positions
- How effective LGBTQ leaders own the fact that they’re queer
- The benefit of being active in ERG or BRG affinity groups in your company
- What distinguished confidence from arrogance
- How to develop confidence by creating a path of micro-wins
- How effective queer leaders under-promise and overdeliver
- The danger in getting caught up in superficial drama
- How effective LGBTQ leaders make it a point to give back
- How to adopt the habits of an effective LGBTQ leader
Resources on student loan payment reduction
- ‘There Aren’t Enough Queer Business Leaders, and That’s a Problem’ in Forbes
- 5 Building Blocks of a Happy Gay Life
- The Happy, Healthy, Wealthy Gay Men’s Toolbox
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]
Previous 3 Podcast Episodes
- How to Lower Student Loan Payments
- Geekstreamers are Gay Nomads!
- What’s LGBTQ Financial Independence?
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys (www.debtfreeguys.com) and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs and 3) save and invest for retirement.