Want to retire fast?
So, you want to retire yesterday but have nothing saved or invested? Here’s everything you need to retire fast (if you aren’t prepared to retire). Start by getting rid of any credit card debt with the free, 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
What does it take to retire faster?
So, you want to retire yesterday. But you don’t have anything saved or invested today.
This is a common concern in the LGBTQ community, especially among gay men in their 50s and 60s who haven’t planned for retirement.
On this episode of Queer Money®, we share our 9-step plan for retiring as soon as possible, challenging you to cut expenses that are not necessities and earn extra income with a side hustle.
We explain why you may need to work a few years past your planned retirement date and explore why it’s crucial to buy the right insurance and pay off as much debt as possible before you quit working.
Listen in for insight on the tax and social security benefits of getting married and learn our top strategies for getting ready to retire fast!
Listen in to hear our 9 steps to help you retire fast:
- Our 9-step plan for retiring as soon as possible
- How to check your social security account balance to find out how much you’ll get in retirement
- The benefit of cutting any expenses that are not necessities
- Why you may need to work a few years past your planned retirement date
- How to monetize something you already do to bring in additional income and offset expenses
- Why it’s crucial to pay off as much debt as possible before you retire
- How to offload living expenses by house hacking or renting rooms in your home
- The tax and social security benefits of getting married
- How to leverage a Roth IRA to earn as much as $500/month more in retirement
- Why you should consider a life insurance policy and long-term care insurance
Previous 3 Podcast Episodes
- How to Find Your Ikigai (and Find Your Purpose)
- How do Roth Conversion Ladders Work?
- How to Know If You Should Buy an Annuity
- How to Side Hustle with I Like to Dabble on Queer Money® EP233
- Make Money Flipping Products on Queer Money® EP303
- Why Gay Couples Should Get Married on Queer Money® EP054
- Roth Conversion Ladders on Queer Money® EP308
- Why ALL Queer People Need Life Insurance on Queer Money® EP019
- Long-Term Care Insurance for LGBTQ People on Queer Money® EP071
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Debt Free Guys on Youtube
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys (www.debtfreeguys.com) and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs and 3) save and invest for retirement.