Are there LGBT inclusive cities?
Some cities are more open for business to LGBT people and some aren’t. Get the top LGBT inclusive cities here on Quer Money with Open for Business. Start your journey to financial independence by getting rid of any credit card debt with the free, 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
How do we find LGBT inclusive cities?
Some cities are open for business to LGBTQ+ people. And some are not. But the cities that ARE tend to be more economically dynamic, innovative, attractive to high-skilled workers and have a higher quality of life. So, which cities are more open to the queer community? And which ones aren’t?
Open for Business’ inclusive cities list
George Perlov serves as Eastern Europe Programs Lead at Open for Business, a coalition of more than 35 leading global companies dedicated to LGBTQ+ inclusion around the world.
On this episode of Queer Money, George joins us to explore the Open for Business City Ratings report, explaining how cities are ranked in terms of economic competitiveness and LGBTQ+ rights. George discusses what cities and countries are making surprising progress around queer inclusion and describes the brain drain that occurs in countries that rank low on the OFB scale.
Listen in for George’s insight on what corporations can do to promote LGBTQ+ rights and find out how you can help spread the word about the value of being inclusive.
Listen to our discussion with George
Topics covered on LGBT inclusive cities
- OFB’s coalition of global companies committed to promoting LGBTQ+ inclusion
- Why OFB conducts its city ratings study every two years
- How the Open for Business ranking system works
- The correlation between economic competitiveness and LGBTQ+ inclusion
- What cities and countries are making surprising progress around LGBTQ+ rights
- Some of the countries that are backsliding when it comes to LGBTQ+ rights
- Why Amsterdam is #1 in the rankings for the second time running
- The brain drain that occurs in cities that rank low in the OFB ratings
- What corporations can do to support LGBTQ+ inclusion
- How cities typically respond when they drop in the OFB rankings
- What the global queer community can do to share the value of being inclusive
Resources on LGBT inclusive cities
- Open for Business 2022 City Ratings
- Out & Equal Workplace Summit
- Paul Donovan on Queer Money EP252
- Debt Free Guys Best Gay Cities Article
- HRC Corporate Equality Index
- Transparency International
- NatWest LGBT+ Polish Business Diamond Awards
- Open for Business Reports
- OFB Channels of Influence Guide to Promoting LGBT+ Inclusive Societies
Connect with George Perlov
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Youtube
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Email [email protected]
Watch this week’s episode on LGBT inclusive cities
Previous 3 Podcast Episodes
- Why We’re So Bad at Predicting Happiness
- How to Retire in 10 Years or Less
- Investing in Yourself with a Money Coach
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys (www.debtfreeguys.com) and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs and 3) save and invest for retirement.