What you need to do for an end-of-year finance review
Find out how to do an end-of-year finance review and plan on this episode. Then download your FREE Queer Money Kickstarter, a 9-step Guide to Kickstart Your Journey to Financial Independence.
How Capital One can help with your end-of-year finance review
The end of the year is a good time to get introspective. To reflect on how things went in 2023 and make plans for 2024. But many of us resist doing this kind of an end-of-year review for our personal finances. What if we don’t like what we see? Adam Davis, VP of Financial Health and Liquidity at Capital One, contends that you can do an annual look back at your finances—without beating yourself up for what didn’t go well.
On this episode of Queer Money®, Adam returns to explain why it’s beneficial to do an end-of-year personal finance review, identifying patterns in your spending and reframing missteps as opportunities. Adam also challenges us to do an annual look ahead at our finances, discussing how to set money goals for the new year and maintain our enthusiasm past January 17th.
Listen in to understand the benefit of communicating financial goals with your loved ones and learn how Capital One’s tools and resources can help with your end-of-year financial review.
Listen to get insight on how to do an end-of-year finance review
Topics covered on how to do an end-of-year finance review
- Why it’s beneficial to do an end-of-year personal finance review
- Adam’s tips for doing a thorough look back at your personal finances
- Adam’s advice on identifying patterns in your personal finances
- Giving yourself grace if you don’t like what you see in your lookback
- Why we recommend doing an annual look ahead at your finances
- Adam’s tips for looking ahead and setting financial goals for 2024
- The benefit of communicating financial goals with friends and family
- Maintaining your enthusiasm for financial goals past January 17th
- How Capital One can help with your annual look back or look ahead
Connect with Adam Davis
Resources on how to do an end-of-year finance review
- Adam Davis on Queer Money EP426
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Return on Happiness on Queer Money EP456
- Capital One 360 CDs
- Jason Tartick on Queer Money EP434
- Capital One Mobile App
- Wealth Builder’s Pyramid
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on X
- Debt Free Guys on Youtube
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Email [email protected]
Watch this week’s episode on
Previous 3 Podcast Episodes
- How We’re All Feeling about Our Finances Today
- Why LGBTQ Banks and Investments Keep Failing
- Why You Should Max Out Your 401k
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys (www.debtfreeguys.com), and the Queer Money® podcast hosts. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously, not fabulously broke, by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs and 3) save and invest for retirement.