Can gender transition be simplified?
With apps like Bliss, Solace Devotion and more, Euphoria’s simplifying gender transition. Hear founder Kate Anthony’s store on this Queer Money®. Start your journey to financial independence by getting rid of any credit card debt with the free, 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher.
Bringing down the costs of gender transition
Kate Anthony has been out for eight years, and in that time, she’s completed the majority of her gender transition. But she found the process incredibly difficult.
She spent a lot of time sifting through medical advice from strangers on the internet and struggling to gain access to in-person support groups. So, Kate set out to develop a suite of technologies to bridge the information gap and overcome the financial hurdles associated with gender transition.
Today, Kate is the Founder and CEO of Euphoria, a collection of apps that remove the barriers to gender transition and accelerate the process.
On this episode of Queer Money®, Kate joins us to explain how Euphoria’s four unique apps address the financial, emotional and mental health aspects of transitioning and give trans people the agency to self-select their journey. Kate discusses how Euphoria reduces the cost and the time it takes to transition and describes how the Bliss app helps transgender individuals save money for their financial goals.
Listen in to understand how Kate is raising capital to fund the growth of Euphoria and find out what the queer community as a whole can do to better support our trans peers.
Listen to how Kate Anthony is innovating the gender transition process:
- Kate’s simple, scientific explanation for transgender people
- How Kate’s own challenges with transitioning inspired her to build Euphoria
- How Euphoria’s 4 unique apps address the financial, emotional and mental health aspects of transitioning and give trans people the agency to self-select their journey
- How Euphoria reduces the cost and the time it takes to transition
- How the Euphoria apps factor in insurance vs. private pay and geography to generate recommendations
- Euphoria’s margin of error in predicting the cost of gender transition
- How the Bliss app functions as a savings platform to help people achieve financial goals toward transition
- The diverse, global team that is working on Euphoria
- How Kate tapped into the VC market and gained notable support to raise money for Euphoria
- Kate’s advice to other app developers on finding the courage to take the first step
- How many people are using Euphoria and what Kate’s team is doing to reach new users
- What we can do to better support our transgender peers
Watch this week’s episode
Previous 3 Podcast Episodes
- How to Avoid the Debt Depression Spiral
- How to be a Leader with Ash Beckham
- What Michael Sayman Knows about LGBT Success
Connect with Kate
- Euphoria Apps
- Kate and David on Fintech Insider EP639
- Williams Institute Map of the US Trans Population
- Leelah Alcorn’s Suicide
- Gaingels LGBTQ+ Investment Syndicate
- Lambda Legal
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Youtube
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Email [email protected]
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys (www.debtfreeguys.com) and hosts of the Queer Money® podcast. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously not fabulously broke by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs and 3) save and invest for retirement.