Hi there! You new here? We love that you found our gay little corner of the web. Here at Debt Free Guys, we’re all about helping queer people live lives they truly love inside and out. We think happiness is a 360-degree experience (purpose, love, money, wellness, and lifestyle) that you also deserve. After reading our article below, see how we can help you more here.
How much can you stretch your dollars outside the U.S.?
Where you live matters. It impacts your quality of life and your financial situation. So, is a big gay city right for you? What are the pros and cons? Let’s find out. Meanwhile, grab your free copy of the 5 Building Blocks of a Happy Gay Life.
Listen to the Pros and Cons of Living a Big Gay City:
Moving to Big Gay Cities; is It Worth It?
And while there are benefits to living in a popular gay mecca like San Francisco, Seattle or New York, it’s not ALL rainbows and unicorns.
So, what are the pros and cons of living in an elite LGBTQ-friendly community?
On this episode of Queer Money, we share 5 advantages of living in premiere gay cities, describing the support services, sense of security and unique feeling of community you won’t get in other places.
We go on to discuss 5 drawbacks to living in an A-list urban center, weighing in on the expensive cost of living and the benefits you forego when you choose premiere city living. Listen in for advice on balancing your must-haves with your wants as you make the important decision of which city or town is right for you!
Topics covered on Big Gay Cities
- 5 pros of living in premiere LGBTQ-friendly areas like Chelsea, Castro or Boystown
- The financial benefit of living in areas with rising property values
- How gay-friendly cities provide a sense of security and community you don’t get other places
- Why premiere gay cities are better places to start an LGBTQ-owned and operated business
- The mental health and financial support services available to the queer community in elite gay cities
- 5 drawbacks to living in popular gay-friendly neighborhoods in major metro areas
- How expensive the cost of living is in cities like Chicago, New York and San Francisco
- Why you run the risk of living in an echo chamber when you live in an A-list gay city
- The benefits you forego when you migrate to the urban center of a large metropolitan area
- Our advice on how to weigh your needs and wants as you choose where to live
Resources for your finances
- 25 Affordable LGBTQ-Friendly Cities
- Finn Brigham of Callen-Lorde on Queer Money EP242
- Like a Mother with Emma Johnson Podcast
- Paula Pant at Afford Anything
- 5 Building Blocks of a Happy Gay Life
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]