What we can learn from the 2023 LGBTQ Money Study
Find out what key differences there were from our 2023 LGBTQ money study with the Motley Fool and the one we did last year here. Then download your FREE Queer Money Kickstarter, a 9-step Guide to Kickstart Your Journey to Financial Independence.
How the 2023 LGBTQ money study findings can help our community
Last year, we partnered with The Motley Fool to publish a first-of-its-kind money study about LGBTQ+ Americans. And some of the findings were shocking. So, we decided to revisit the same questions this year to see how things have changed for the community in just one year.
On this episode of Queer Money®, Jack Caporal, Research Lead at The Motley Fool, joins us to share the results of the 2023 Motley Fool|Debt Free Guys LGBTQ+ Money Study. Jack walks us through the most striking differences between the 2022 and 2023 data, describing how a surge in anti-LGBTQ+ legislation contributes to the increase in our community’s financial stress.
Listen in for Jack’s insight on the top money concerns among LGBTQ+ Americans and learn what tools The Motley Fool recommends for building your emergency savings and fighting inflation!
Listen to get insight on our 2023 LGBTQ Money Study
Topics covered on our 2023 LGBTQ Money Study
- Why The Motley Fool did a follow-up study on personal finance for LGBTQ+ Americans
- What was happening in the world in 2022 and 2023 that affected our responses to the study
- The most striking differences between the 2022 and 2023 data
- How anti-LGBTQ+ legislation contributes to the increase in financial discrimination and stress in our community
- Why unplanned financial emergencies and keeping up with the cost of living are leading concerns for the queer community
- How an unpredictable economy and ongoing media coverage of inflation contribute to financial stress
- Jack’s advice around splurging on once-in-a-lifetime experiences
- What tools and resources The Motley Fool recommends to build emergency savings and fight inflation
- How we might improve our community’s low engagement rate with financial services products and tools
- Jack’s insight on the Motley Fool reader response to the 2023 LGBTQ+ Money Study
Resources on our 2023 LGBTQ Money Study
- The 2023 Motley Fool|Debt Free Guys LGBTQ+ Money Study
- The Motley Fool’s Investors Like Me Campaign
- The Best Budgeting Apps for 2023 on fool.com
- The Motley Fool’s High-Yield Savings Best High Yield Savings Accounts of Sept 2023 on fool.com
Connect with Jack
Connect with David and John
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Debt Free Guys on Youtube
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Email [email protected]
Watch this week’s episode on our 2023 LGBTQ Money Study
Previous 3 Podcast Episodes
- Making CDs Super Sexy with Jason Tartick
- How I Grew a 3 Million Portfolio with Dividend Dream
- The Pros and Cons of Having an ESPP Account
We’re David and John Auten-Schneider, the Debt Free Guys (www.debtfreeguys.com), and the Queer Money® podcast hosts. We help queer people (and allies) live fabulously, not fabulously broke, by helping them 1) pay off credit card debt, 2) become part- or full-time entrepreneurs and 3) save and invest for retirement.